The Food -Based Dietary Guidelines (FBDGs) for Ethiopia is prepared by The Ethiopian Public Health Institution in close collaboration with The Ministry of Health, Ministry of Agriculture and Ministry of Education and different nutrition partners.
The goal of the guide is to reduce malnutrition and diet-related public health problems of the country through promoting healthy diet among different population groups.
Objectives of FBDGs
- Provide dietary recommendations for the Ethiopian population 2 years and older for increased diet quality including diversity and food safety for optimal health.
- Promote broad food system actions supporting diet quality being sensitive to sustainability.
The Targets/Users of the guideline
- General pop over 2 years in agrarian and pastoral settings
- Consumers industries, schools, media
- Government sectors, NGOs and UN organizations
- Universities and research organizations…
The Food Based Dietary Guidelines (FBDGs) for Ethiopian will be launched on March 15,2022 at Capital Hotel with the presence of dignitaries and invited guests.